Assignments for this course will primarily require you to do research using the Internet, peer reviewed books, journals and/or databases.
- All references must follow M.L.A. standards.
- To cite a website or an article from a subscription database in your blog entry, use the appropriate MLA citation format. Instructions and sample formats are available on the NCC Library homepage, http://library.ncc.edu. Click on MLA Citations in the left column, or go to the URL http://library.ncc.edu/mlacitation.htm
- Here is another useful tool: The Citation Machine: www.citationmachine.net. Fill in all the pertinent information on the form and the citation machine will do the work. Just be sure you review it before using it.
- For a website, you must supply some verification, validation or credibility of the site, including:
- who is the author/sponsor of the site and what expertise does the author/sponsor have?
- what information and other links are provided?
- when was the site posted or last updated?
- where does the site reside/ what is the domain name?
- why was the site created/ what is its purpose ?
In all cases, correct spelling and grammar are required.